Friday, November 12, 2010

Chasing my own tail :)

Wow! 70 degree temps in the middle of November...what state do I live in again? The weather has been so gorgeous and it gave me the perfect day to get lots of errand running accomplished, yay! Next week is the Randolph County Extension Homemakers annual Time for Trees event and I have been blessed to be a part of the planning committee for the past 3 years. Local home ec clubs, businesses and organizations decorate 3' Christmas trees or wreaths and show case them while accepting silent bids. We also have very generous businesses, organizations and individuals that donate gifts/gift certificates that are used as door prizes or silent auction items. Let me tell you, the people of Randolph County are simply amazing! We have had such an out pouring of generous support and I am sure my husband will be the first in line to place some bids (he loves auctions). All of the proceeds go to the local food pantry and we typically raise well over a thousand dollars to donate! There will also be refreshments, live entertainment and a visit from Santa and his lovely wife. So, if you would like to support us, please visit Husted Hall from 10:00am-6:00pm on November 18th. Entertainment will begin at 3pm.
Winchester is also getting ready for its annual Christmas on the Square. This year I will get to work at The Cashmere Cat and show off some of our fantastic items. I know that I am a bit partial, since I work there and all, but the shop is simply lovely and we have very quality items. We recently brought in Kellie's Kreation air fresheners and they are so wonderful and affordable! $2.00 and your car, room, storage area, etc. will smell amazing! I have the love spell (made popular by Victoria's Secret) in my van and it permeated the space within 25 minutes! My Mom bought the coffee scent to put in her kitchen...I came in last night to the disappointment that coffee was not brewing :( However, her kitchen smells like a Sunday morning! We also got a new shipment of the FireSide coffees and cocoas...whaooo! Marta and I are especially fond of the pumpkin pie mocha! So if you have a chance, stop by the shop.
Well there is my little spiel for the day...just my thoughts and tidbits rolled into one. I hope you all have a blessed and wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. This weather has been great, if you like warm weather and you want to get alot done outside, but I'm done with outside for yard work! Now if it snows it's a different! Let it snow!
    We will be there on the 18th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay...so glad that you are coming!

    ReplyDelete