Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sweet, treats and blooms!

I should start our by saying "sorry" for my continual lags in posting...here is a promise to actually doing this on a more frequent basis. Since I have been on the hunt for a new job these past couple of months, it has given me the opportunity to be more creative in the kitchen and dive into some passions that I did not have much time to do before. In preparation for the upcoming JuneFest that will be happening in downtown Winchester in the next couple of weeks, I have been preparing to make about 8 cheesecakes, some sweet dips and cake balls. Yes, I said cake balls! After seeing a post about these delicious little treats, my curiosity got the best of me and it was time for some research...and I am glad that I took the time to look these up! Simple, delicious bites of heaven! Bake a cake, crumble it up in a bowl, add a can of icing, freeze, dip in chocolate coating...voila cake balls! Here are a few flavor creations I am hoping to attempt:

Monkey Madness (banana as the main flavor)
Cordially Yours (cherries)
Strawberry Patch (you guessed it)
Luau Love (tropical flavors)
Wedded Bliss (oh yes, traditional wedding cake)

Have a flavor you want me to try, let me know! I am fairly game for anything! Of course, the famous Fields' Cheesecake will be making its triumphant return and Cheesecakes for a Cause remains in effect...all profits from our JuneFest booth will be donated to the American Cancer Society for the Relay for Life of Randolph County. Come see us!

1 comment:

  1. Yum those cake balls sound VERY GOOD!!! I would LOVE to try them!!! And I would also LOVE to try the cheesecakes!

    ReplyDelete