Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Whirl-Wind Summer

Wow...the length of time in between posts has become terrible and I apologize! I have been so busy with work, projects and the house that I have neglected my blog. Anyway, the house is getting closer to completion and we are very excited to move in! I'll miss the serenity of the country, but I will not miss the lingering chemical smells from the fields and the large hog operations that are all around us. It may take us some time to adjust, but we are ready! Steven has also recently interviewed with Ball Memorial Hospital, so there may be changes all around. Please keep him in your prayers as he continues to advance in his nursing career.
With the pending move, it is time for me to start going through all of my kitchen gadgets and see what I am keeping and what can be donated or given to family. It will also give me the opportunity to see what needs to be at my fingertips and what can be stored. So if you are looking for some off-the-wall kitchen utensil, especially if it is from Pampered Chef, let me know ha ha! Speaking of the kitchen, I am very excited to use our new stove! I like to show it off to anyone who comes to see the progress on the house...am I pathetic or what?!?
In closing, I thought that I would leave you with a recipe to one of my favorite summer dishes!

Greek Pasta Salad

1 lb spiral pasta (tri-colored pasta adds great flavor); cooked, drained and rinsed with cold water.
1 cup Greek Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
1/2 cup Feta Cheese Crumbles
4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons chopped black olives

Add all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss to coat all ingredients with dressing. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes prior to serving. Tastes great as a main dish or accompanying a grilled chicken breast. Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited that you are getting closer to moving! You must be thrilled! I can't wait to see your stove! I hope that Steven gets the job! I talked to your Mom today and forgot to ask how the interview went!
    Take care!
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete